Moonrise

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Problems.......not worth mentioning

You are insignificant. I mean really really really….srsly.....Insignificant.

What you are looking at in the picture, are approximately 10,000 galaxies.

Each of those galaxies contains anywhere from ten million to one trillion stars.
The average star is roughly a million times the size of Earth. Get that huge number? A frigging Million.

And yet, with all that stuff in it, the Universe is more than 90 percent empty. Nada.....zippy, my Friends......

The picture, an actual photo from the Hubble, only covers one thirteen-millionth of the entire sky that we can see, and took over 400 some orbits of the Earth to complete. Here's the picture.....
Clicking on it should make it big enough to see that those "spots" are actually Galaxies......as in millions of stars, which are millions of times Bigger than this teeny little speck that we call Earth.....

With me so far? Of course you are, although if you think about it too hard, and actually get your mind wrapped around it about one tenth of one percent......well, take my advice, just say.....Whoa....because I think that actually "getting" it is the cause of spontaneous human combustion......

Here's a closeup of the same photo, showing the Galaxies a bit better......


And just why am I writing about this? Well......a few posts back, I was concerned about all the things going on in and around my Life....good and bad.....once in a while, I have to step back in my meditations and reassert my knowledge of my very own insignificance.

Look at your problems as the teeny little speck that you are, and they tend to become less stressful to you.....make sense?

My XP is a pain in the butt.....srsly....but really, what does it matter?

In the Universe.....it doesn't. Not a whit. I awoke this morning with a headache from processing the crap that's running through my mind, and this thought of the Universe was running around, and yah know what?

I feel better.

Embrace the good, accept the wonder.......and Love. I hope that made some sense...I'm writing whilst Dragn is playing ball, our new Kitteh has braved the Uber gauntlet and is on my chest, batting at the keyboard........

Dragn will be home soon......Life, is Good. Love is Great. The Universe is what we can't imagine.

G'nite, I want a beer........
Wollf

2 comments:

Foxfier said...

For those prone to go off the other side:
Don't confuse size for worth.

On topic: Isn't it a lovely place to be? All those amazing, beautiful treasures to find and admire?

DammitWomann said...

WOW - I'd love to have the pix as a screen saver! Awesome photo Wollf! It certainly does put our woes into the proper perspective.