Moonrise

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Told You So.........

Lesbians Who Led Mass. Gay Marriage Fight to Divorce

Julie and Hillary Goodridge were among seven gay couples whose lawsuit, Goodridge vs. Department of Public Health, thrust Massachusetts into the center of a nationwide debate on gay marriage.

The couple became the public face of the debate in the state, the first to legalize same-sex marriages.

The couple was married on May 17, 2004, the first day same-sex marriages became legal under a court ruling. Their daughter served as ring-bearer.

Oh the Ironing.......and am I happy that their "marriage" has ended in divorce?

Of course not.......*hee hee hee*

Welcome to the joy of Dissolution, my same sex attracted friends.....it is ugly. Remember the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for"....

I have been married twice before, and shall be married again....details pending....and thus, I have enjoyed the thrill ride of divorce court twice in my life. I'm pretty good at being married....never cheated, always provided and am actually a pretty decent guy, although I do have a tendency to snore....all wollfs do....

Wow, ADD in full gear this early in the morning...back to some sort of point, I'm good at being married, 12 years and 20 years, respectively...

I am HORRIBLE at divorce. It hurts....a whole lot worse than just a non married breakup, even if you're living with someone, because there are Laws and Duties and Taxes and Child Support and Alimony and money, money money involved.

Oh....and Lawyers.....no offense DHS, divorcing requires a guide through the dangerous swamp of the dissolution....

This couple has a child together, I'm picturing turkey baster stuff, yuck, and being "married", some one of them is going to have to pay the other some child support....and were they both working? Will their be alimoney?

Will they have a wonderful time splitting their community property?

I doubt it. I never have.

So, my Ghe friends, you won the "right" to the WORD....."Married".

And all the pain that comes along if it doesn't last. Welcome to Hetero Hell. And to make it more fun for you, you made a spectacle of yourselves on the National stage, and Everybody is now into your personal business.....even me.

Should have kept your sexual proclivities inside your own house. I know that I do...and it seems to work out pretty well......schmucks.

*Messages left for the Goodridges were not immediately returned Tuesday*

6 comments:

The Digital Hairshirt said...

None taken, my darling Wolff, none taken. I'd be the first - and often am - to state aloud in a courthouse, "Arrrrrr . . . there be whores about!"

DHS

Anonymous said...

Ask me if I give a shit.

Go ahead............., ask.

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Shoot, I'll bite . . . yo, cuchieddie, you give a shit?

Foxfier said...

/headthump

Startled? No, not at all.

Of course, I noticed that the various--as you say--"ghe" friends my family has, some of whom invited my (Catholic) family to their weddings and (sadly) were hurt by our polite refusals have all split up by now, too....
Not most, but ALL......

Anonymous said...

I don't think Eddie cares......

K T Cat said...

Imagine being the kid, being shuttled between two families of lesbians as a part of the divorce agreement.