Moonrise

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Some Christmas News.......


LONDON, Dec. 14 (UPI) --
Workers in London paid to offer poor Christmas present wrapping services through CrapWrap say customers will get exactly what they expect.

Wrapper Kevin Smith said those who decide to pay for the $5.90 holiday service from Firebox.com will receive a gift wrapped with little or no skill so any individual can claim to have wrapped it themselves, The Mail on Sunday reported.

"I am rubbish," Smith said of his gift-wrapping skills. "We're not given any instructions. I'm just asked to make a hash of it, using lots of brown tape and making sure there are rips and untidy folds."

Firebox spokeswoman Claire Wood said by offering the service, husbands and boyfriends worldwide can make it appear they took the time to personally, albeit poorly, wrap gifts for their loved ones.

"Nearly as many people are asking for CrapWrap as for our normal gift-wrap," Wood told the Mail. "Women like to think that their husbands and boyfriends took the trouble to wrap the present themselves, even if they made an appalling hash of it."

*Personally, Ol Wollf has discovered the joy of Christmas Bags....yup, "I am rubbish" at wrapping also.......*
Heh......

Oh, but coming up? How to wrap with Uber and Ransom in the room......
Wollf

6 comments:

DammitWomann said...

OMG - that is hysterical. Shoot, me and my gal pals could do that for less - our only requirement would be cosmopolitans.........

Foxfier said...

...I'm great at wrapping gifts.

Guess I wouldn't be qualified.....

(shoot, I even manage to match up the patterns on uniformly-shaped gifts, most of the time!)

DammitWomann said...

Ok Foxfier ... now you're making the rest of us feel bad.........

Foxfier said...

*laughs* I am a calibration tech! I have vast patience for making tiny tweeks to get things just right. ;^p

DammitWomann said...

Ok then...........but as you can imagine just by my name (DAMMIT WOMAN!!!), patience is NOT one of my strong suits.......LOL

*if Wollf says ONE word, so help me I'll STOMP on his tail....hard*

cry_alone said...

lol, too funny! i love it! lol.