Moonrise

Monday, June 14, 2010

Only one way.......

....to say good bye to one of my all time favorite 'celebs', in quotes because you never felt that Jimmy Dean accepted his celebrity status....just a good ol' boy with a pot full of talent......had a nice run.....81 years old, G-d Bless him....

The singer/ songwriter...1961:



The Actor...Diamonds are forever, I loved the line at the end of this clip.....



Good bye, Jimmy, we'll miss you.

AND NOW, A WARNING!!!!
Don't scroll down any further if graphic images aren't your style.....it's my finger, for those of you who have e/m'd me asking to see the damage......

And, what a segue.....M'Lady, who has the unenviable chore of daily dressing changes said that it looks just like a Jimmy Dean Sausage......

I kinda agree......



I warned you, don't say I didn't. And my guess? Good ol' boy Jimmy gets the humor.

*by the by, you can see why blogging is such a literal pain as of late....*
Wollf

10 comments:

cry_alone said...

*scream in horror*
hory clap Wolf, O-U-C-H! next tiem remembers... DON'T DRILL YER FINGERS!
Glad Dragn is there to take care of ya!

pilgrimchick said...

Oh, wow! That looks absolutely terrible--I hope it improves fast.

Jimmy Dean--quite a loss. From singing to breakfast sandwiches.

aA said...

Son of a Biscuit-Eater! That's one nasty-lookin' injury. And it's appropriate that it was at the end of the Jimmy Dean post; looks like he tried to use it for the purpose of or as a replacement for a little smoky sausage!

I always liked Jimmy D, though. I remember as a kid, Rolf the Dog on his show.

Unknown said...

Hory clap Wollf! That's one sore lookin' paw ya gots there. Hope you heal up real soon.

I mashed the nail off my finger a few weeks ago. All of a sudden it just doesn't seem that painful any more......

Anonymous said...

Heh....yannow, I'm a pretty anti-drug fellow, but this thing changed my mind about narcotics for about a week....now I'm pretty much down to a handful of advil once in a while.....Thanks for the thoughts.

Foxfier said...

OY!

Foxfier said...

Get healed up, man!

Rose said...

What'd you DO to yourself, wollf?

Rose said...

A DRILL press! Oh man!

Hey wolff - can you link me to your Arizona posts? I was telling a friend of mine that you'd been sounding the alarm for quite a while.

Anonymous said...

A loooooong story. Maybe when - have two hands to type. I'll be back.....