Moonrise

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So Here's what Happened.......

I had to leave the confines of my Offices yesterday to run out and look at a few upcoming Projects......

As I was waiting to make a right turn and enter the Freeway, I noticed a group of McCain supporters off on the side of the road cheering and waving flags at the passersby. One fellow, driving at about 45 miles an hour obviously didn't agree with them.......

He blared his horn, took his hands off the wheel, and was giving them a sign of.....disrespect for their Candidate.....distracted as he was, he failed to negotiate the slight bend in the road right next to me.....

He did not, however fail to juxtapose his pretty Prius with the Light pole ten feet directly off my drivers' side door.....KA-WHUMP, and an immediate 45mph to 0mph, and exploded the front end of his pretty Prius across and through my truck, leaving a few new items of interest lodged in the side of my face and neck.....

Nothing serious, but the ol' adrenal system is still operating at peak efficiency.

In the words of my Little Baby Brother......"Messed Him Up....umhmmm" I gave aid as was needed, mostly just cradling the poor fellows head so as not to move it until the Pros arrived, and I was on my way......

Thanking G-d for solid, unyielding steel poles as set by our employees. Otherwise, I think the blogging would have been on hiatus for a bit.

Couple things I came away with.......

1) I will NEVER drive one of those little death machines....crumpled like an accordian, it did.

2) Life truly does change in just a few seconds.

3) Yelling and cursing at Folkes just because you disagree with them can be downright counter productive.....well, 'spescially when you're driving.

And you'll be proud.....I didn't even ask the a$$hat if he'd voted yet.
So there.

Wollf

9 comments:

Foxfier said...

So glad you're alright!

And
I can't wait to tell Elfie about it, since you you ARE alright.....

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Glad you're OK wollfie. The "religious" part of me observes that Random Chance works is mysterious ways.

Robin Shelley said...

I, too, am glad you're okay, Wollf. But I have to say, if this weren't so serious it might be comical.

cry_alone said...

WOLFIE!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST BECAUSE I GOT IN AN MVA DOESNT MEAN U SHLD TOO! U ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO TRY AND ONE UP ME W/ MVA'S!!!
m-v- for the unknowing is da policie mans's code fer moter vewhicle accident :)
sriosuly mon ami, i am happy u r ok! and that other person is ok too (right?)
r u really ok? and truck... hows truck?
take care wolfie

Rose said...

One bit of good news in a black day, wollf. GLAD you are ok.

Unknown said...

Ah, yes. Another driver guilty of DWS. Gotta luv them folks.

Glad to hear you are okay and have yer fur intact.


*DWS: Driving While Stupid

Freddie said...

Wow. Sounds like fate was on your side.

Oh. Hello, by the way.

Rambling Rose said...

I join the others in saying I am glad you were not hurt, my friend!

K T Cat said...

Wow. Politics and driving don't mix.

I'm really glad you're OK, Wollf.