Moonrise

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

U.S. Marine Corps Hymn (Marine Hymn........)

.............Has inspired me since my Dad first sang it to me.............

Watch, below, the official USMC Commandant's Address....one of the most inspiring, from any Commandant, on tomorrow's 235th Birthday of the Corps.

My Grandfather Clarence was at Belleau Wood, My Grandfather Stevenson was a Pilot over France, my Dad was a Much decorated E-5 on Peleliu, my Brother Mike was killed 45 years after Vietnam by that Agent Orange crap.

The Family have been Marines. My youngest aspires to the tradition.

Watch this....Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!


Do you know the words?

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in ev'ry clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job--
The United States Marines.
Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

G-d Bless the Corps and all who have served.

Now, as Lil'Wolfie would say....."Click the Button and give some Money, you Jack Wagons!!!!"

Don't make me send #77 out to put the HURT on you......heh
Semper Fi.....Do or Die
Wollf

PS..... let's add some Music to this.....I never liked this 'type' of music until The Warrior Song......and then I found The Marine Corps version.....

Get ready to get PUMPED UP!!!

1 comment:

Rose said...

LOVE that song. Hope your fingers are better.