Moonrise

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And then from Now.........

The weekend was almost too busy, what with Three Lil'Wolfie scrimmages......


* He would be the Tackler, not the Tacklee in the pics......*

Then a dinner date and visit with some of Dragn's old friends, and my new ones, that went into the evening, then an early Sunday wake up and tickets to the Cubbies/ Dodgers game!!

Great seats, Cubbies won, and all was well in the world......Except that's not today's story.

You see, it's so embarassing, that I had to work my way into it....I have a reputation to keep, yannow?



The Setup:

I had loaned my Pick em up truck to a friend the day before, took the truck key off the ring and told him to drop it in the mailbox when he returned, as we had gone out with other friends,(see above)......

Well, had retrieved said key from said mailbox, walked down to the street, opened the truck to take my camera inside, and locked it up for the evening, went to bed and didn't get up until the next morning.......

Anyways....about 0900, I realized that I had to make an "emergency" trip to the pet store so that the menagerie could be fed before we left for the game.......

Couldn't Find the Keys.......walked down to the truck, and there it was, pretty as can be, sitting on the front seat, locked inside.......

Windows rolled ALL the way up, no way to get in, and now I was hyper focussed on getting that damm key and doing my pet food run.....

Called the tow service, and they sent a nice young man out in a jiffy, at the quoted price of $55USD.......

He jimmied the window locks, opened the door........and the Alarm went off.

No problem, not at all....I reactively reached in my Levis pocket, pulled out my remote that's attached to my key RING, which I HADN'T given to my friend, and silenced the Alarm.........

That's when the tow truck driver looked at me............and started giggling......and asked, "Did you have that remote in your pocket all this time?"

I looked down at my hand, and nonchalantly, REMOTELY, locked and unlocked the truck two or three times......to the tow truck driver's giggling crescendo.

He told me to give him a twenty and we'd be square. He hadn't laughed so well in weeks.........

Senior moment? Nah, happens all the time. ADD, attention deficit disorder, has a flip side to it, sometimes really good....think recon, crisis reaction,multiple tasking beyond the pale.......and EMBARASSING...as in,

My state of hyper focus wanted "THAT" key, the one locked in the truck. Never even dawned on me that I had that damm remote sitting on my key ring all the time......

Then I had to go and tell M'Lady Dragn......sheesh. Keep it our little secret, won't you?
Wollf

2 comments:

cry_alone said...

roflol wolfie aint anudder one like him, he's one of a kind...lol ;-)

aA said...

You coulda called me, I'd have come and helped ya...har!