Moonrise

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Valentines Day and Saddam Hussein.....

Indulge me. Completely unrelated, but I write sparsely.... Trying to fix that so that I don't disappoint my two Fans........

First, St. Valentine showed his presence today. Karla figured some delightful, as in teary eye inducing gifts........ First, she set up my iPod to play through some nice, really nice, speakers, neat water/color and bubbles that go with the music.

Had The James Taylor song that I sang at our wedding. " Something in The Way She Moves"...... Yes, sceptics, yes I can sing....... Then She framed and mounted two of Blessed Heather's Diplomas.... Mounted now by her Flag..... Sweet.

Secondly, I went to our local Little Market to get some beer.... The young Fellow behind the counter, I refer to as "Er Habbi", is a Syrian Coptic Christian, whose Family escaped the Iron Fist of Assad.

I "Wrote Up" my purchase yesterday, so he asked me if I wanted to get off the "Shit List". ( I forgot my wallet).

I offhandedly proclaimed to all,"Yes! Take me off off the Shiite List! I want to walk on the Sunni side of the Street."

Seems that is VERY funny to Coptics.

Then this seriously Fine young Man Asked me a question that makes my mind tweak....

"Wollf, my new Country has Idiots in charge. Wasn't the Middle East more stable and better off with our own Despots? Saddam, Assad, Khomeini?"

"They didn't murder Christians and off shoot sects in wholesale slaughters.....?"

I had nothing to say.......

Maybe we should have bombed the Shiite out of them and then left well enough alone.

Thoughts?

7 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Oops, Khadaffi....

DesertRat said...

You already know my opinion about the new neighbors in the ME, as well as our old friends the Persians.

When a nail rises from the floorboards, if it is not pounded down immediately, it continues to rise. At first it can be ignored, but then it starts catching on socks and skirt hems. If not pounded down, it eventually rises far enough to cause those not paying attention to trip, or even causes them injury. The longer that nail remains unpounded, the more likely the entire floor board will come adrift, and that other nearby nails will also begin to rise up because of the movements caused by the first. All can be pounded back down with enough effort, if one has a large enough hammer.

I would have been using the hammer long before now...

DesertRat said...

That's me ^^^. You know, your ossifer buddy in Tucson...

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

I agree, wise words in a wonderful prose. The Best way. I have a few 20oz Hammers myself. Just amazed me that a young Man asked the question.... Rhetorically. He's been there, lived that. Saddam was better. Amazing.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Wait, Wait, Wait! Colonel, Sir?

Anonymous said...

*facepalm* Wolf, Some young folks, (NOT this young'un) just don't get it I guess... and that is sad. Maybe they will one day understand the help that was given nailing those f*ckers when they have let it slide downhill and it is their grandkids who are posing a different question: "Why did you let things go back to the way they were after you had already been helped so much? Why? Things were in turmoil, but they were better than they were. It must have been so much better to be living in the chaos of change rather than living with a gun to the head for thinking as an individual."
-WWW
~posted as anonymous cus I cannot remember my damned password for my account!

Foxfier said...

From what my husband-- via his hobby intel gathering-- has said, the "just shoot the bastard in charge" theory would only work if we managed to get rid of all the other forces in the area.

As it was, simply removing Saddam would just mean that the two or three major groups that were in the process of taking over one country at a time via chaos would be handed a country on a platter.

I keep getting the creepy feeling that several of the countries over there have been taking lessons from history. Bismark, mostly. We know what kind of a mess that made. :(

We can't even go "just leave them alone," because they won't leave us alone.