Moonrise

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Services....and a little story.....


......Anybody out there know what I do for a living?

Well, and I know I'm not s'posed to give knowledge unrelated to Blogging.... I am a Division Manager for one of the most highly respected Electrical Contractors here in California.......

Part of my duties is the semi-official, humorous Title of Official Company Catholic.

Which, basically means, that since my one and only Boss, the owner of this 60+ million dollar a year company, is a Devout Catholic........

I pretty much take care of the Los Angeles Diocese Churches in the Ventura area, maintenance, festivals, and fund raising......

These last two week, I have had a crew working at San Buenaventura Mission, repairing lights in the main Mission, and 'attempting' to fix the 1957 era electrically operated Bell system.

Fr. Mike and Fr. Tom are great guys.......and they REALLY wanted the Bells to ring from the Mission.....but alas, even after rebuilding the darn 'gonger', "No Ringgie the Bells"...

One of my Men, Mark, went to Fr. Mike and volunteered to manually ring the Bells for Easter Sunday!

He'll be up in the Bell Tower, circa 1782, playing a modern day Quasimodo, all for The Glory of God. (with OSHA approved hearing protection of course)........

May that you who pray, put a word upstairs for this young Man. He's going to make a lot of People attending Easter Services happy.....not to mention the fact that if Angels really do sing, they'll do it loudly.

A Blessed Easter to all.

As the Founder of this last of the Missions woud say.....“ Siempre Adelante”

Always Forward.

......and, "He is Risen indeed!!!!"
Wollf

3 comments:

Kirls said...

just so you know, that wasn't me calling you that name on my blog. i agree with YOU! and i have never thought you were an A-hole.

Kirls

K T Cat said...

Awesome story. It brought a smile to my face. Thanks.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Thanks for the comments! Kirly...oops, aA, darn tootin', and KT....well 'Things that make me smile' are some of my fave reading at your house!