Moonrise

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Deep-fried beer invented in Texas ..................



A chef in Texas has created what he claims is the world's first recipe for deep-fried beer.

Inventor Mark Zable said it had taken him three years to come up with the cooking method and a patent for the process is pending.

He declined to say whether any special ingredients were involved.

His deep-fried beer will be officially unveiled in a fried food competition at the Texas state fair later this month.

Five ravioli-like pieces will sell for $5 (£3) and the Texas Alcoholic Commission has already ruled that people must be aged over 21 to try it.

The beer is placed inside a pocket of salty, pretzel-like dough and then dunked in oil at 375 degrees for about 20 seconds, a short enough time for the confection to remain alcoholic.

When diners take a bite the hot beer mixes with the dough in what is claimed to be a delicious taste sensation.

aA.....I am sure you'll be tempted to try it...let us know!

He's making it using Guinness at this point.....Lone Star can't be far behind

The rest of the story at The Telegraph

Wollf....Lover of all things Beer.

1 comment:

aA said...

Well, all I can say is that if he wants to stay in Texas, he'd better try Shiner Bock or one of their other darker offerings. Shiner is about the only beer I'll drink, and usually only 11 of 12 ounces at a time.

But I think I'd be willing to try it. But Dallas is 300 miles away from me, and I done made my road trip for the season. Went to Austin last weekend to see my daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law.

Hope you're doing well, and keeping the Barrett clean and in working order. But then again, i think I know you well enough to know that it's ready right now.