Moonrise

Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday with Da Boyz

Well, gotta lot of shi-ite on my mind this evening. As the title says, and I don't want to miss out on the fun with the boyz, I'll probably write this in bursts. But, I gotta get this out of me. Not so much fun tonight. So, reader,beware.


Had a bit of an "apostrophe"......Hey don't make fun there college grads! It's one of my favorite terms, picked up on the movie "Hook". Not to be mistaken with "epihany", which to me is "Oh Wow!"....followed usually by a bolt of lightning, thunder clapping, maybe a Burning Bush.


Nope, it's more of an "oh, yeah, now I get it", type of experience.


I realized that this ADD thing is Not a curse. There are times and places where I'm beginning to wish it came with an On-Off switch. I've Always been Really good at Crisis situations. That kinda explains why I've lasted so long at my profession, and why, in my less than humble opinion, I'm so good at it.


Early mornings at work are generally quite hectic. By the time my "muggle" path kicks in, the "regular" part of the day begins. Lotsa men are dispatched to lotsa places, and it seems to always work out that they, and the proper contingent of cohorts end up at the proper place at the proper time with the proper support equipment. (Hell of a bunch of kudos to my staff for the equipment, and of course putting up with me.)


They were probably the first to glean this "condition" in me. Before Anyone in the know will ask me a serious question, my lead men make dam sure that I've ingested some coffee. Seems throwing some stimulant into my system is a way of minor self medication. It makes it quiet enough in my head that I can deal with all the ins and outs of people and their idiosyncrasies.


I've learned over the years that on weekends when the beautiful Mrs.P awakens at the same time as me, I MUST.....be quiet and rally not converse with her until I've gone "out" and gotten us some coffee. I always thought I was a nice guy to go get her fancy coffee. Truth is, I was unconsciously aware of my problem and was self medding to Protect Her from my often caustic mouth.


Poor, Darling woman. What a dick. No, I refer that term to the Michael Vicks of the world. I was Unaware.

No comments: