Moonrise

Sunday, December 16, 2007

To the Sleigh!!!!! We have Stockings to fill.......


I am so glad I emptied the garbage in the last post. Thanks to all the commenters.

I met a friend whose Amerind name is "Dammitwoman" and we assisted each other in stocking stuffer shopping at what Wollf considers a higher end WTF store that we have in a town down the road called Restoration Hardware.

It sells fancy bedroom stuff, linens, pillows and then in the middle of the store is this magical grouping of counters just brimming with the exact same "stuff" that the collective "we" got for stocking presents when we were Cubs.

Christmas music, a dear friend........and STUFF!!! Lotsa STUFF!! Cool stuff, goofy stuff, logical stuff, weird stuff.......just my cup of tea. I gotta share some of this........I was like a wild monkey in there, (you might remember I HATE monkeys), and if not for the fair Dammitwoman, I might well have been 86'ed right the hell out of there.

I drummed on the electronic drums, pummeled the desktop punching bag....it was great. I had forgotten my reading glasses,(poetic license invoked),and walked around the entire store with a six inch magnifying glass that they had on display.

I ended up purchasing 6 gifts for each of the three Cubs' stockings. It's such a retro store......They had The Magic Eight ball, which I'm going to take apart and change some of the answers to "Ask your Sire", "G-d doesn't like that question", "Give Dad $10 and OK"......stuff like that. This one goes to the soon 18 year old She-cub.

They had chocolate "Lumps of Coal", mini snow domes, Prank kits, Super balls, "Excuse Books" for kids...(I'm tired of hearing the same old ones), Super Secret Spy Glasses with rear view mirrors, Word games, electronic lie detectors, (That should start some fights), and the coolest kaleidoscopes.

I got myself the neatest item of all.....hey, I allow myself to be selfish once in a while,....a little electronic jammer. When you get a cell call you don't want, you push one of 10 "scenario" buttons and it makes excusable background noises from things like an airline ticket couter, baby crying, a police officer insisting you put the phone down.......G-d I am going to have fun with that!!

I even got the She-cub a dashboard Hula Girl. This will truly be the first of many Tango Alpha Charlie Kilo Yankee Christmases. You.....yes You, have lit my Yule log.
For you higher tech folkes with auto start in your fireplaces.....well never mind, it sounded suggestive in my mind.....

Walked out of there with over $185.00 worth of really goofy stuff that I absolutely Know they're going to love. I had a wonderful time. And, this afternoon I took custody of "MY" Christmas music.....anybody have a guess as to Wollf's ADD Music Musts?

Should I make you guess? It's pretty eclectic. Boy, I s'pose that's not much of a surprise, huh? A quick couple and then you can try and guess some others....Garth Brooks Christmas....kinda Country, but Excellent singing, Dean Martin Christmas, the original White Christmas, one really goofy fun one called The Eight Days of Hanukkah, and .......yes Rose, All I want For Christmas, by Alvin and the Chipmunks. Oh, and just for fun, I have one Viet Nam era....Jimi Hendrix Does Christmas.......

Silent Night.......wasn't.....by any means.....Silent.

We're gonna get the tree on Wednesday. I finally took the ornaments that I can't do without....MsP kept the Cubs yearly ornaments.....I'm sure they'll be safer that way.

Oh! and I got Lil' Wolfie a Snow man on a Harley that revvs, jumps, and sings "I'm a Snooow Maan" by the Blues Brothers.

Folkes, Tacky has never seemed so damm fun.
Merry Christmas, and if you're in Socal, come and visit Wollf's Lair..

Especially if you like bacon. My younger, smarter, but homely Litter mate sent me about ten pounds of friggin' Bacon for Christmas. I damm Love it.

Oh, and Pogo? My special gift to you.....I've given up possum.
I'm gonna go post some goofy-ass comments......
I'm in the mood.

Ho Ho Hawoooooo
Wollf

2 comments:

Rose said...

Haha! Alvin and the Chipmunks!

Restoration Hardware started right here in Humboldt County - Eureka. Absolutely true! It is a great place.

Merry Christmas.

Rambling Rose said...

WAY TO GO,WOLLF!