Moonrise

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Day at the Museum.......

Funday.....oops, Sunday, heck might as well go for Sonday!

Rolled out of the rack a bit bleary eyed this morning. Lil' Wolfie didn't spend the night so I just stayed up reading and enjoying my muse. Went for a long walk to clear the cobwebs, and on down the hill about 1000 hrs to pick him up for our Grand Adventure.

Halfway to Santa Barbara I realised that this was Sunday and I had no idea whether the Museum was going to be open. Aaagh, ADD strikes again. I had planned a Saturday trip, it hadn't worked out, and as usual in Wizard mode, I "forgot" to check it out.

Lil' Wolfie came to the rescue with, "Don't sweat it, Wolf, call Bigger and have him check on line".

I did. He did. They were. We continued. Gotta love a boy genius at times like that.

We arrived, making a quick detour to get an exterior shot of the S.B. Mission, Lil's got a 4th grade Project where we get to build a scale replica. He really wants to build a 1:1 ratio. I asked him where he'd put it, and he replied like I was a dummy, "In my bedroom, Wollf.".

(I gotta remeasure that damm bedroom............)

The Museum was "Free to the Public" day. Sweet, save a twenty. But, missed out on a lot of the Museum. Seems it was "International Market" day. All of the exhibits were surrounded or partiaally covered by vendors and their eclectic mish mosh of Middle Eastern, African and Indian....(the ones with the dot, not my kind)....of knick Knacks.



Wollf and Lil' Wolfie.....in a Museum we're Desperately needing to explore, and a bunch of Merchants are blocking our way. We just climbed through their stuff and explored anyway. Only one little Arabic fellow had the temerity to note that we were looking past his wares and at the exhibits......

"Maj noon....", he muttered. "Man uke.", I replied and entered upon a course of Arabic invective.....calmly spoken and with just a hint of Israeli accent, until his face contorted into a rictus of disbelief, he sat down and quit calling my Son names.

Sometimes my knowledge of really goofy stuff is quite entertaining. Wolfie asked what I said and I simply replied that I asked him to sit down.

Wolfie replied...."Riiight".

I'll be back, Lil' wants to play, and this is a long story.

1 comment:

Rambling Rose said...

Wollf speaks many languages!