Moonrise

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas is Sneaking up on me........


And the hair on the nape of my neck is standing......

I know, I know...."Adapt, Overcome"....but I feel this morning more as though I should "Escape and Evade".

I just finished reading one of Paints with Words' Christmas Season introspective over at
Rambling Rose, and it put me to thinking.

Sometimes thinking is not good for Wollf. He thinks too much, and too hard. I took her thoughts about a first Christmas without someone you love.....and turned it inward.

I shouldn't have allowed myself to do that.

Before you start, ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ, I know.....and appreciate the "Get over it" sentiment. This isn't a pity party, it's that I end up feeling a lot better about things, and can perform my responsibility as Sire much more enthusiastically when the foulness is examined and discarded.

I'm "beginning" to come out of my Lair, having conversations with old and new friends that don't include "her". I'm beginning, finally, to allow myself a little bit of anger directed toward her part of this thing.

That's what happens.......I think it's OK to be a bit angry at some one's seeming selfish nature. It's what I don't like about the world in general. Nothing I can do about the world.......nothing I can do about Christmas being here at an inopportune time.

I'm going out "Stocking Stuffer" shopping with a new friend this evening. Maybe that will help. I've got the Cubs their Sire's big gifts, one apiece in the $200 range, but I want to get a few smaller things and some goofy stuff for the stockings.

We'll have to open everything Christmas eve as they'll be doing Christmas "down the hill". I have to concentrate on not making this a competition for "best parent". I'm just hoping for as much fun as we had at Thanksgiving.

And to keep my friggin' eyes from welling up in the Cubs' presence.....

Any and all input is always welcome. I had never understood why the Holidays were considered the "Danger Zone" before. Damm, Wollf sure is learning a lot about human nature.....

Growth hurts, but you become stronger because of it.
Easy to say, isn't it?

Wollf

8 comments:

Pogo said...

OK Wollf, You don't have to worry that the hard headed Greek will show up and kibitz. He has been excused/banished for the season. That light at the end of the tunnel is called Boxing Day and boy is it ever a relief.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Ahh, but I am the type that truly appreciates the sometimes Harsh light of reality.

I made the litle aside because I could just "feel" his hackles raising.....He's been here, done this......

Boxing Day! I gotta go buy some bacon!!
Wollf

Anonymous said...

It's not always a bad thing to let the kids see some of your emotion - they are feeling some of the same things and when you show how you feel you validate how they feel. It also helps them to learn how to deal with their own emotions. If all they see is you locking up your emotions, all they learn is to lock theirs up.

I think we have to give our more unpleasant feelings their time and then put them behind. I've been know to give myself a whole day to feel sorry for myself after some major setback.. then when the time is up I pick myself up and get moving.

During your new family group time you might give yourself and your kids 10 minutes or whatever to miss the way it used to be - you know the feelings will be there so get them out and then declare it's time to make some more good memories.

Don't get bogged down - this is a good and happy time if you choose for it to be. And remember, your friends are here if you need us.

*** HUGS ***

Mrs. Wink

Rose said...

Ditto.

Look forward. Not back. Your Thanksgiving at the beach concept. Make it your own.

Do you have any Wolf ornaments? One for each of you.

Pogo said...

mrs. wink, Your identity/perspective is understood and safe with the possum and his fellow swamp dwellers.
Best of wishes!

Rambling Rose said...

Remember, after exploring the depths and acknowledging those sad feelings you are bound to find there, to come back up and give your all to making some memorable moments this Christmas - the same as you did at Thanksgiving. I am keeping all of you in my prayers this Christmas. You're on my mind and in my heart as Christmas nears.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

You guys are sooooo friggin good for me.

Pogo cracked me up from the first and it's going uphill from there.

I had Wollf fun this evening....
Heck, I'll tell you about it.

Rose said...

If it's any consolation, alot of people I know, including me, are having a hard time getting into Christmas this year - the vacation is all messed up, for some reason the schools decided not to let out until THIS Friday, so instead of a week of leisure time before Christmas, there's only a couple of days, and then a long stretch into the first week of January.

I should have put my tree up today, but didn't. Running out of time.