Moonrise

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Tired and Thoughtful......


My goodness, how time flies when you're having fun. These last four days, despite my subconscious literally screaming failure at me, have been a resounding victory over the Christmas Bogeymen of the Soul.

He lies in ravaged pieces at Wollf's feet. My "Fake it til you Make it" plan went not only perfectly, but as yet, though the casualty count hasn't been tallied, without any discernible collateral damage.

I made the peanut brittle and enjoyed a wonderful evening Sunday. (Really do try the recipe, it's easy, quick and damm tasty). Christmas eve was a Joy. All three Cubs came up at 4:00p,(I've made a resolution to use civvie time for the mathematically challenged), and we proceeded with the evening.

The She-cub had to go to work at 5:30, so we cut to the chase and opened the stocking presents. We did 'em one at a time, the Cubs were duly impressed with their Sire's goofy gifts, and the She-cub was off to the mill. Oh, she didn't bitch about the tree with the Harleys and chili peppers....she thought it was "way".

"Way"? Way what?.........I just accepted it as a compliment.

The Cubs and I made our new Traditional Honey Baked Ham and Swiss sandwiches on a Kaiser, String Potato sticks and Veggie plate, and settled down to watch our new Traditional movie, The Simpsons.

She-cub arrived back around 21......oops, 9:30, and the fun began. I was s'posed to have them back down the hill, but we called the Governer and got an emergency stay of execution. She-cub LOVED the two clothing items that I picked out for her. Really, I mean it. (Check Wollf's personality profile....."Intuitive", heh. And her hefty gift card to an upscale clothiers that sells nothing but $100 mechanic's rags, sheesh.

Bigger got exactly what he had not dared to hope for, a DS....some frigin thing. High tech electronic gadget that plays games and has a neat little feature that allows wireless connectivity between linked devices within a 1000 foot radius.

Makes passing notes in school seem rather tame. He can "talk" to his buddy down the street, including graphic uploads without the use of the Internet. I don't understand the technology and kinda wonder why it wouldn't be more fun to just go to the kids house, but who am I?

Lil' Wolfie was actually stunned speechless. I got him the WWE, or F, or whatever, Professional Wrestling "Exterminator Cage Duel".......or something like that. All I know is that the friggin thing is 30"x30" by 30" high, and it's STILL not all assembled on Christmas night. We worked on it all damm day.

They are all happy.......Then, the Business portion of the evening. Wollf told the Christmas story.......can you imagine? Good mood, ADD, some of the "facts" a bit blurry in my mind.....suffice to say that I got it all "mostly" right and it was portrayed in such a way that they enjoyed it.

I hope Lil' Wolfie isn't asked "Who was King Herod?", anytime soon. He was a d$ck, I think was the answer, for making a poor pregnant lady ride a donkey all that way...
I'm ruining that Cub.

Then, because I didn't get the "Night Before Christmas" in the settlement, I told it from memory......anybody else remember Harleys in the original version?

Wow, just oh wow...long winded post, and this isn't the half of it, light watching, cocoa, laughter....and hugs, lots and lots of hugs. and at the end of it, almost two hours late down the hill, I heard, "This was the Best Christmas Ever" from all three.

She-cub drove 'em down the hill, and I just cleaned up, and thanked G-d for the best damm Cubs a Wollf could ever want.

And then there was this morning....and phone calls....and today....and phone calls...and it just seems, that "right around the corner" is a place that'll make this all worth while.....

Listen to the song in the earlier post.....it's represents another milestone in my Life journey. I'll never forget these last few days.

I know a man without a nipple and have heard of People without belly buttons.
Have you?

I didn't think so. That's how special these two days were.
I gotta have my Admin plan me a trip.
Time to explore...........

Time to sing
G'nite right back to you......... Good dreams.

Wollf

3 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

I'm really happy for you, Wollf. It sounds fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all. I too am very happy for you. The first holidays are always the hardest I think and you have come through it amazingly well. Kids too -- but then kids are what the holidays are all about anyway.

Keep the happy thoughts this week.

aA said...

The cubs will remember that night forever, thanks to you!

(you'll only have to duplicate it once more to have them think that it was "every year"...