Moonrise

Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Little Work on the Quest.......


A Man must be everything - a Warrior, a Pacifist a proud
Individual

A willing gear in the machine of a worldwide socio-organism.

A man who obeys the law and breaks it, creates his own and
polices it.

He must be a friend to all and to none because he must be
Fair to all.

He must walk the precarious ledge between passion and reason.

He can never fall lest he lose his footing forever.

He must respect all gods, while Honoring his own Go-d

He must renounce his home and then feel at home everywhere.

The limits of his imaginagtion are his only boundaries, and the
burden of freedom his only responsibility.

He must be willing to unsheath his Sword without anger, and use it without Malice.

He must Teach his Children by his Example.

And above all, he must be a True and Gentle Knight.

.............I absolutely know that I have heard almost these exact words before. I have no idea where, but I wrote them down after a long meditation back in September as if by rote memory.

One of the oddities of the way my mind works.....ADD?.....or just quarks in my memory......I've committed to memory many, many things that seem to touch my Soul.

Then, over the years, the words seem to evolve of their own, and I often forget where I read or heard the originals.

Thank you to whomever said most of these words, or took pen to hand to write them.....I hope that I haven't butchered them badly.

There are a few well known quotes that I do still know by rote....maybe I'll share them.......Much more to write this evening, Lil' is doing a few more Christmas cards, Bigger is at Drumline, She-cub is working at In-N-Out........

The Sheepdogs in Wolf's clothing are watching the store.....

All is well with the world......well, Wollf's quirkey world, anyway.
In a bit......got some comments to make,

Wollf

2 comments:

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Wollf,
The lines recorded in your post above have the ring of Miguel de Cervantes in his Don Quixote work.

K T Cat said...

I always enjoy your posts, Wollf.