Moonrise

Friday, January 4, 2008

Anybody even Notice?......


As any of the Faithful have probably noticed, the tenor of the writing in my posts has changed dramatically over these last four months. The bedraggled, injured beast that was me has healed dramatically.

Wollf still has his moments of melancholy, but they're few and far between. Sometimes I think I ought to start another little space and not tell anyone. There are still some things that need to see the "anonymous" light of day.......

We all have those things inside us. It's a huge part of what makes us human. I can't in good conscience write about a number of things here that weigh on my mind. It's because a lot of the readers of my ramblings have truly become my friends. And some,even more than that.

I can't and won't ever betray those confidences.

That being said, I'm going to keep this Blog going, and moving in the same direction, but with a bit more of my life perspective. I'm becoming a very happy Man.

I will find a small, discreet place somewhere in the Matrix to stash my most personal concerns, just as I did in the beginning.....if someone finds it, fine. If not, fine also.

Long time readers may have noticed .....I sort of doubt it, that I've changed the Header....no more mention of the erstwhile Beautiful MrsP. Simple enough reason, she no longer exists in Wollf's world. That's a little sad. But just a little.

The Cubs exist. My Friends exist. The casual Reader exists. Even, and necessarily so, the Cubs' momma exists. But she who visited this life change on me, she who reawakened the Wollf in me, is no more.

I also changed my Bio. Basically the same, but with a much lighter emphasis on the pain, even as the pain is so much less. So, that's the "dealio" as Bigger Wolfie would say. New, anonymous Blog to create, this Blog to continue.....with a few more goofy philosophical posts, mixed in with the occasional total ramble, rant or what I think passes for humor.

I have the Cubs tonite.....ya hoo! I've felt cheated of their presence a bit since that wonderful Christmas Eve....their mom, hereinafter and permanently,(unless I change it again), referred to as "X" was a bit selfish with them. She's a "bit" selfish with a lot of things but........that's for the other Blog.

I've come through this horrid period pretty well. I want to keep venting and from what I've been led to believe, even helping other Folke that might be in the same place. So here goes, and I'll make this one as short as I can, being as this friggin preamble is as long as The Declaration of Independence....

It's all about Love. I thought I lost it. So wrong I was, but it was that perception that crippled me. It's what is hurting you too, quite possibly. We fear not being Loved more than we fear Death himself. I've begun to feel that the fear of Death is at its' core, the terror of not being Loved.

I've never been afraid of Death or injury, and yet I have had the shakes in certain dire circumstances. What does the dying Man flash on? Loved ones. The mortally wounded Soldier calls out the name of his Wife or Mother or Child. He can't bear to lose them, not his life.

So....Love. (keep it short, Wollf), As much as we fear not being Loved, we don't understand how to get it. Without it, we can't really be alive. Here's the secret.

To be Loved, you have to Give Love.

It's that simple Folkes. You have to take the gamble. Give your Love away and don't "expect" anything in return. You'll get it back, maybe not from the immediate object of your giving, but you'll get it back........you just have to give it.

Enough preaching. Love somebody. Your Cubs, your Friends, your Family and Love will find you.

Gotta break, my shoulder is killing me.
Love
Wollf

4 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

Right on, my friend, right on!

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

SANCHO: "Didn't I tell you?: 'My Lord; That's a WINDMILL!'"

DON QUIXOTE: "At the last minute my enemy changed that Ogre into a windmill."

Glad to see you made the journey; but then we always knew you could.

Rose said...

You can have a blog that is viewable only by you - just choose the public/private setting of your choice.

You'll find keeping separate blogs is a little tough, though.

Rose said...

I been thinkin' though, aside from confidences you keep, you are safe posting here. It was risky when you first put your heart on the line, but you did it. And people responded to you and your story. It is, and you are compelling. Jus sayin'...