Moonrise

Friday, September 7, 2007

Well, Now that That's off my chest.......


Much better day! ACCEPTANCE. Lotsa meaning there. But with faith. Got a positive....well, let's just say "acceptable" response to a clarification email between myself and the beautiful Mrs.P.

I've finally accepted that this whole thing might not have the outcome that I've been hoping for, and I realize that I'm ok with it. No, I don't want the big "D" word in my life, but I will get through it and continue on my journey.

Point of fact is that this "dark" time in my life has been the turning point so that I've been able to see the light for once. No matter how it turns out, I will have made significant steps toward enlightenment. Toward being the best Man that I can be.

Toward loving as we were meant to. Without expectation of being loved in return. And passing on that ability to my cubs. They will become beter Men and Fathers and Husbands because of this.

This particular understanding came to me courtesy of a Man that said to me, because of who he is, a Most Astounding thing. "You don't need her". The Raven is more my friend than he can imagine. It must have been terribly hard for him, but he said Exactly what I needed to hear. He redirected my thinking with four simple words. That, of course is why he has the Raven as his Native Amerind Totem.

"The Raven", the Teacher.

Thus, once again, Understanding from an unexpected source.

In order to Love, one cannot Need the object of that love.

Now, I'm done with this sort of sharing for a bit. This new and (to me), Profound Understanding is going to percolate for a while. I don't feel any misgivings about this. It'll work or it won't. No regrets, no more remorse. I shall Love the beautiful Mrs.P anyway.

From her bed, or if I become involved with another Woman. Doesn't matter. She has given me too much to deny.

Next time.............Funny.......Promise.



Thank you to the Raven

No comments: