Moonrise

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yannow?............

As I warned, I'm going to get back to the work of "fixing".....teaching, *maybe*......but expounding outwardly on my emotions......

"She"....yes, as in Dragn....might become....well, lets just say "annoyed", at my discussing Relational issues in this now semi-public forum, but.......oops. She chose me, and all the goofiness that comes with me.

Once again, no editing....well, 'cept spelling, and we'll let the chips fall where they may.

Here's my thought......actually a question, I suppose......Have you ever thought that your *insert favorite term here*......spouse, significant other, best friend, et cetera......was "less bright" than you?

Hands in the air.........Ok. Those who didn't raise their hands.....*fibbers*....don't need to read any more. We all think it ocassionally. Come on.......you have a "better" way to do things. I Know that I do. It hit me this morning when the Fridge icemaker was pouring water on the floor......

"I'll fix it.", said ol' Wollf, as his Dragn climbed up and over, into the most precarious of positions.....*I'm laughing as I remember*....bottom high, hanging over the counter, proclaiming, "It's leaking right here!"..flashlight in hand......

I KNEW what the problem was. I didn't give advice.....for once.....not out loud, any way.......definitely didn't say anything denigrating Her ability at diagnosis....and trotted off to that Heaven/Hell/Horrid Haven of Home Depot for parts to fix the problem.

While I was gone, I realised that we all give......advice to our Loved One....unsoliceted......and typically, at least in my experience, counter productive. We think that we know the "WAY"........and even though we may be correct, it hurts our relationship.....

That make any sense? Sometimes, Discretion is the better way to go. We keep doing the same old things, logically reasoning that it is "Right", and "Helpful".

Sure, it might make "logical" sense to interfere.....strike that......"advise and fill with our knowledge"...heh....but it doesn't work. Ill feelings, and feelings that are hurt, are things that you CAN'T fix.

The friggin' fridge can be. Relationships can't.

Be helpful. Be a Partner and a Friend. Cut the "I have to be right" stuff.

I giggled inside....not outwardly, and was a Helper. It worked out well, and we had a Great day, with no arguments.........

Oh.......still don't have any water or ice out of the fridge....I hates plumbing.
Wollf

10 comments:

Foxfier said...

Heh, Elfie and I see-saw on this a LOT.

It's rather nice, because it's the first relationship that we've been able to do anything like that!

Rose said...

:) We had to move the fridge to retrieve a renegade hamster, and somehow perforated the tubing that carries the water to the icemaker... so, we'll be doing the same thing tomorrow...'cept we have no Home Depot (yet).

:) Timely.

ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

I hear you Rose. The "progressives" in your soviet (strike that) neck of the woods who are all for "power to the people" have decided that you have fewer choices.

cry_alone said...

as usual wolfie, ur wisdom is sumthing to be applied to all our lives :)
take care:) and live, love. laugh :)

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Rose...those renegade hamsters are the worst....laughing way out loud. Hope your water works....

Thanks everbodies.....still don't trust it enough to turn on the water to the fridge.......

Hmmmm...maybe I'll let Dragn do it.

*nope*...I am the Man....heh

Robin Shelley said...

My fridge is okay. It was the wash machine at my house. I can't even say it went kaplooie... all I'll say is that is cost me $75 last week to get a lesson in how to use the darned thing... & I've been doing my own laundry for over 30 years!
*blush*

Rose said...

Well - still not fixed. Football was on on the weekend, yannow. All work ceases between now and January.:(

Rose said...

I'm starting to think the hamster was very innovative - had his own water supply once he bit a hole in the tube. Had quite a stash back there, too. Didn't have to come out and face the cats.

Robin Shelley said...

Rose, maybe Suzy Blah, Blah should get her rats a refrigerator!

Rambling Rose said...

I remember when.....and I'm speechless....a stroll down memory lane....You paint a beautiful picture....blessings to you both!


A native man on t.v. the other night said "We don't say 'my husband' or 'my wife' - that would be too possessive. We say 'the man who walks beside me' or 'the woman who walks beside me'." I like those words - they put me back in touch with 'the man who continues to walk beside me, though I can only see him in my mind's eye.

I'm sure you each have your areas of expertise - mine was 'relationships' and 'money'.
My husband's was everything else.
We worked well together even in the kitchen - some things we prepared together - and other things - well, let's just say, "We each seemed to know when to take a back seat and let the other work alone; or when to pull together."

Sounds like you two individuals have a real good thing going for you - discovering one another - being real with one another.....sure makes life worth living, doesn't it?