Moonrise

Monday, February 11, 2008

Hey...I'm back........

*knock, knock, knock*...ahem,...uhh, anyone care? Ok, now that we have that out of the way.....Christopher Walken.

The greatest "Bad" guy, villainous, moderately.....yes, I said moderately.....Insane character actor that has ever been. (ok, not as scary as Nick D'Mitri in that friggin' Zombie movie that scared the livin bejeezers out of me), but still....

I shall at inopportune moments quote the Sage wisdom of C.W. Don't be concerned if you don't "quite" understand the meaning....in fact, you might want to embrace your Normality because of it. I just love the guy.

Oh........way Wizard tonight, (see the sidebar glossary if you don't get that), and my main desire is please a few Loyals and speak of the Cubs........Wollf is trying here, but we'll just see what comes.....?

Problem is, I'm bothered. Bothered by numbers, and things that require my attention in detail. Matters of the Heart which warm me, Cubs who need me, Friends who I treasure......and Oooooh, something shiny!! Sometimes it sucks just a little bit being me.

Oh sure, you say, Handsome guy, reasonably successful, healthy, great personality......well, the truth is, I'm a dwarf.....with a bit of an acne problem, I live with my mother and I'm the guy you hate at the drive through window at Mickey Dees........Sorry, had to let you know.

Now that we have the truth out of the way......I kinda miss the Cubs tonight. We had a really wonderful time this weekend......didn't end up making the Tall Ship trek though, Bigger had a buddy spend the night up here at Walkabout, and it was the kids' birthday, and X had some plans, and.....et cetera.

We went for a short but lovely walk instead. It was warm again for a change....still a bit early for a lot of snakes, Lil' Wolfie was full of himself....I simply do not understand where he gets his cockiness.....and no Grand Adventures were to be had........

Until we got back to Walkabout House. Then Lil' showed me something in him that I hadn't seen before..

He, remember, ten years old....went on a bike ride with his Sire, then decided to go off on his own with a new friend. He ran afoul of a group of four neighborhood boys who taunted him and his rather "chubby" little friend.

His buddy showed up back at Walkabout in a bit of a panic, "Lil' Wolfie is beating up four kids down the block!!"

I headed out....wondering how my peaceful munchkin Wolflet could raise his hands to strike anyone........well, unless they really "needed strikin'".....

He came up around the corner, smiling and singing and fixxin' his hair, and smoothing his shirt and said....."I didn't hit anybody, even though they needed it." Seems the taunting wasn't directed at Wolfie, but rather at his new friend.

Wolfie sent his buddy off to safety while he confronted the four ruffians. He wasn't afraid. He was confident in his ability to either stare them down, which he did, or to "punch a few right on the nose....then they'll quit because they're cowards...."....

His words....including "cowards". Nobody got punched, his little buddy might just have learned a lesson about courage and friendship.....and I got a glimpse into the gentle and charming ruffian that will become a Fine Man some day.

I love that Cub. (Ummm....anybody knows her, don't tell X....she would abhore this situation).

Christopher Walken wouldn't.
Heh.

Oh, by the way..... Bear is a bit concerned about his Bear Belly......we decided it would be best if he joined me for my noon time workout. Amazingly strong for a beebee filled Bear........


Wollf

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yannow, I can picture Lil'Wollfie strutting down the street, smiling as he fixed his hair...

have you tried clearasil? I hear it works wonders on "a bit of acne problem."

Anonymous said...

Yes, but doesn't Clearasil stunt growth? Sez so right on the label...LOL!

Anonymous said...

You've got a point robin, but then again, Wollf is already grown up, so its probably a little late to worry about stunting growth.

Foxfier said...

I've adored Mr. Walken for years. He was amazing in "The Dead Zone" movie, and he just honestly seems like a GOOD man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs

That man is one cool customer.

cry_alone said...

ROFLOl! WAY TO GO LIL WOLFIE!!!! WOW! I am never surprised at what wee ones can teach us "bigger ones" lol! You have a strong son wolfie, he is the product of a good strong father if i do say so myself. he has truely grasped what we all need to learn,... use our words rather then our fists.
i tried using my fists...once. didnt like who i saw. so went back to using words. ended up w/ the school bully walking up to me and apologising for the yrs and actually saying how much she respected me!
boys wolfie, what wisdom lil one has! out of the mouth of babes, eh?
oh and wolfie, we all luv ya no matter what you may think of yourself!
i'll tell you sumthing that allan often drills into my brain "to thine own self be true!"
keep a howling wolfie! we luv to hear ya.
sorry u didnt get out to the tall ships.
and thanks for indulging us w/ your "tails" *smile*
until nxt time,
~walks-with-wolves

cry_alone said...

yeash, i went away for a cpl mths and now i'm all long winded! sorry bouth that!