Moonrise

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tonight....I Study.....Me

The animal, mortally wounded,
Drags itself through a thicket of thorns,
Singlemindedly.

Not a sound but its' rasping breath,
Blood splashing to the snow,
Losing strength.

The last of its' energy draining,
Forward under moonlit skies
Spies his Lair

Inside, warmth it cannot feel,
Out, the cold, the same,
He sleeps.

Unlike the Grail King of legend, he will drink from the Holy Cup. His mortal wound that will not heal, and yet will not allow him to die.........will be as if it were never there.

And He will awaken, the better for his misadventure, more mature, more resilient, stronger and more the Alpha than before.

He's suffered this before, the last wound never truly healing because of his aversion to the magic of the Grail. Not this time.........Not this time........

The Legend of Parsifal, or Galahad, depending on the writing, tells the story of a young and pure Knight on his greatest Quest.....to find the Holy Grail. I can't do the story justice just yet, maybe another year of constant writing, but a synopsis of my thoughts is in order.

It's a wonderful story and it has been likened to our personal Quests and the fact that though we decide on our goal for personal growth, that we want to change, we're averse to drinking of the Grail.

Getting to know ourselves. Self knowledge, and thus self acceptance is what the Grail contains. Yes, of course it's Enlightenment, both Spiritually and Physically, but the main ingredient is Awareness.

That's what's in ol Wollf's canteen on this Journey of mine. Self awareness, and acceptance. I'm going back to the beginning of this journal and I'm going to reexamine some of my foibles, but this time "after" I have drank from the Grail.

Today was Horrible.....and it was Wonderful. I've dragged my dying Soul through obstacles and can finally crawl into my lair. I have worked hard enough on myself that my wounds are already healing.

A Marriage has died today.
A Friendship born.

I'll be less metaphorical in the days ahead, but I need to work this out.
Hang in there with me, huh?
Thanks,
Wollf

3 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

Sounds like Wollf is aware of, and in touch with, many contradicting parts of Self - the ambiguity of our souls. So often we end up having to weigh and measure all these conflicting energies/desires within ourselves on this sacred journey. Sometimes we are the ones who are the most surprised when trying to honor All these parts of Self as we walk this path of Wholeness.

Anonymous said...

We're with you, Wollf!

*HUGS*

Rose said...

Ditto.